The Lawn Club sponsors summer camp programs for children ages 3 to 12. Our summer program, specialty camps, internship programs and before and aftercare are all nestled into New Haven's premier family-friendly private club. Each of the eight weeks has a different theme that guides programming, while specialty camps and internships offer focus on a particular topic of interest. We incorporate flexibility, creativity and structure along with the intimacy provided by a small professional staff.
The New Haven Lawn Club Summer Camp Program offers:
- Caring, competent, responsive, child-oriented supervision.
- Mixed age group camp with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Educational, fun activity related to the weekly theme.
- Age-appropriate, skill-building tennis clinic taught by our tennis pros.
- Squash clinics, for children entering grade 1–6, taught by our squash pros as an alternative choice to tennis.
- Swim lesson taught by our swim director and lifeguards that targets the skills your child needs to develop or strengthen.
- Sports/athletic games designed for your child's age and interests.
- Free swim supervised by playful, engaged counselors.
- Menus that offer fresh fruit and include healthy choices.
Swim Camp, Tennis Academy, Etiquette Camp & The Art of the Story and Creative Theatre Workshop offer intensive week long instruction in the area of interest.
Specialty Swim Camps Novice, Young Competitor
and Competitor Camps
The NHLC Swimming Camp is a way for moderate to avid swimmers to hone their craft. Participants will receive two individual lessons during the week as well as participating in two 45-minute block group lessons.
Tennis Academy and Split Day Tennis Camp
NHLC Families may also register for NHLC Tennis Academy Camp. Children can choose to participate in the full day tennis camp or do a split-day camp, where children attend Tennis Academy from 9:00–11:45 am, then join the NHLC Summer Program campers until 3:00 pm. Children who follow this program will join the Summer Program for lunch, afternoon sports, swim lesson, and free choice time block.
Squash clinics are offered during two weeks during the summer program. During these weeks children entering grades 1–6 may choose between either the squash or tennis clinic. Children will gain experience with many aspects of squash: drives, drop-shots and cross-courts among others, along with keen competition, good sportsmanship, mental toughness, physical agility, and having fun with squash-mates!
If you have questions or would like more information about the New Haven Lawn Club Summer Program, please contact our Summer Program Director, Jennifer Silva at email@example.com.